Monday, February 23, 2009

Always have a backup.

I have this fear of house fires. I don't worry about loosing the house, I worry about my family, my computer and my photos.

Twice now, I have lost a small chunk of my life... the first time: a prized family video became damaged. A hungry VCR ate the tape. Precious moments of my daughters lives can never be viewed again. More recently - a hard disk failure on the family computer. Some of my photos and a much larger amount of Kylee's photos are still unrecoverable. I had a backup disk but, unfortunately, the last backup was performed about a year ago. I was only able to recover up to the summer of 2007. Kylee's senior year, Taylor's 9th grade year and the following summer months are still missing.

I have tried installing the hard disk on a different computer but all appears wiped out. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, a number for a PC Doctor and the hopes for a small miracle. All I care about is recovering the photographs. I hope that you will learn from my misfortune and will backup your precious documents and photos and do this often!! I know I will.

blog signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. That is such a sick feeling. I'm so sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete