Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HEAther + eVAN = Heaven. (When you tweak the spelling)

Today Evan and I had the rare opportunity to be Hosts in a sealing room for the Draper Temple Open House. I took a half day off of work and we spent a few hours together as Evan shared a few words about the purpose of the sealing room with several hundred visitors. Evan was the mouth piece and I was the supportive, yet quiet, wife. It was the perfect set up!

I loved being able to reflect on my own temple sealing and the wonderful blessings it brings to my family. I loved being in the temple for that brief moment today... it truly is a Heaven on earth.

On the lighter side:
My mother "popped" in to sit with us for a while. Evan would always point me out as his wife during his introduction... after she arrived, my witty mother told Evan that he can now introduce his TWO wives. (Don't worry... no tourists were present.) We had a quite giggle and then went back to work.

This photo is of the large sealing room (capacity for 70) where we spent most of our time. I love that this photo depicts the eternal aspect of the sealing powers through the mirrors. The children that visited this room also loved the eternal mirrors.

(Photo from KSL.com)

We will tour the temple on Saturday with the family, Aunt Jean and Evan's mom.

blog signature

1 comment:

  1. What a special opportunity that was! I can just picture you and Evan in there being together and being an example of eternal companions to all those vistors!

    ReplyDelete