Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gluttony Sunday

For whatever reason... Sunday has become my "experimental" day in the kitchen. That is to say... a day to try a new recipe... at least when I am not cooking for 13. I like to stick with the good 'ol standby's for a crowd.

Today was flank steak with a Wet Lime Chili Rub; a spicier version of my usual flank steak dinner. I received high ranks from the family and will add it to my permanent file.

I also tried a new biscuit recipe for strawberry shortcake. Great reviews from most, and a no from one. Not sure how to rate this one for the file yet.

Overall a very successful meal - everyone walked away full+. Now I must embark on the hunt for next weeks adventure. No worries - if unsuccessful... always ready for the tried and true.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment