Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What 3000+ pieces of paper looks like:

This is what was waiting for me when I arrived at work this morning.


The good news: I seem to have job security. What a great blessing! Especially during these trying economic times.

As a family, we find ourselves asking questions about spending that we have typically not asked in the past. We are trying to phase out the wants a little more and reassessing our needs. We find ourselves cooking more and eating out less. (Which adds to my work load!)

Glancing over the March Ensign - the counsel we are given sounds similiar. Becoming self reliant: Spiritually and Physically. My favorite excerpt is a quote by Marion G Romney.
Without self-reliance one cannot exercise those innate desires to serve. How can we give if there is nothing there? Food for the hungry cannot come from empty shelves. Money to assist the needy cannot come from an empty purse. Support and understanding cannot come from the emotionally starved. Teaching cannot come from the unlearned. And most of all, spiritual guidance cannot come from the spiritually weak.
My greatest hope during these trying times is that my children learn even more how to serve. I hope they learn of the strength that comes through sacrifice. I hope they learn to rely on our Savior more than they ever have before.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment