Monday, March 2, 2009

It's hard to know

family that lives so far away. It is also strange, that someone that is not seen often, can be missed.

My mothers Uncle Richard was one of these people. He passed away today after suffering from a heart attack over the weekend.

As long as I can remember, Uncle Richard has lived in New Jersey. I don't remember spending any time with him on a regular basis. He never married. But it was always a given that Uncle Richard was around... somewhere. It was a constant.

I remember spending some time with him when he was here for my grandmothers funeral in 1998. He rode with Evan and I up to the cemetery near Corrine. He asked us to drive through the old neighborhood and he pointed out many houses that belonged to friends and family along the way. He had names to go with each one. He seemed grateful for the time to reflect on those memories.

I have goggled his name often and have come across some of his writings. They are ALL over my head. I have even found works that were published along with my father in law Dennis Rowley. Both were brilliant men. One is still missed, the other will be missed.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment