Monday, January 18, 2010

An unexpected day off.

Last Friday as I left work, I said my goodbye’s and see you Monday. A few hours later, I receive a phone call telling me that the bosses decided to close for the Martin Luther King holiday. It was a nice surprise.

I did go into work for a couple of hours anyway to post payroll. The rest of the day was spent at home, piecing my quilt. Not a very eventful day. Makes it difficult to provide simple acts of kindness.

Today, I . . . find myself wondering if I have done any good.

While on the road today, I let another driver “in”. I know he appreciated it  - I got the “wave”.
I did not yell when Chester ate the rest of the cookies. He got a guilt fee treat.
I was an interactive map for Taylor as she looked for an address. She sent me a “Thank You” text.
I bought my family dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I put a smile on Kylee’s face.

Not much, but perhaps I did a little good.

No comments:

Post a Comment