Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not always a day of rest.

Today was my turn for sharing time. I carefully planned out my lesson and made all of the necessary preparations. By Saturday evening, I was ready. Then…

I received a call from my First Counselor. Her youngest is sick and she will not be there.

I will have the rest of my presidency there. No problem.

I arrive at church and received the spotlights that my 1st counselor sent with her healthy kids. All is well. Then…

I received a text from my Second Counselor. She is not feeling well and will not be able to make it.

I quickly glanced over the congregation and verified that my secretary was there. No problem.

Sacrament Meeting ended and I proceeded to the Primary room to greet the children as they arrived. My secretary told me that she was hurting and needed to go home (she just had surgery after the New Year).

The cheese stands alone. No problem.

Thank goodness for a daughter who is willing to sluff her classes to help her mom. (Thanks Tay!) 
Thank goodness for awesome teachers and ward members who are willing to offer help when they know I am in need. (Thanks Rachel!)
Thank goodness for GREAT primary kids who always so willing to go the extra mile when I beg! (Thanks to all 110+ kids!)

Today I . . .  didn’t swear. (But I had every right to!)

1 comment:

  1. your welcome mom. i'd only sluff my classes for you

    ReplyDelete