Monday, January 11, 2010

Over thinking.

I am struggling already with daily good deeds.

I think I am over thinking it.

Today I received an email asking me to bring in a meal to a neighbor in need. My first reaction was to ignore the email… I am too busy.I thought.

As the day passed, I realized that I was missing out on an opportunity to set into motion a couple of days of do-gooding.

  1. By accepting the request, I would be helping a neighbor fulfill her calling as she planned out a week of meal assistance for this family. (Good deed #1.)
  2. By putting that request into action I would be providing an opportunity for my neighbor to continue to relax and heal after undergoing surgery. (Good deed #2.)

So, I quickly repented, responded to the email and am currently planning a meal for a family of 8 with the assistance of another friend and neighbor.

I am realizing that some good deeds are the end result of other good deeds strung together over time.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment