Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today I…

Took on a project I have never tried before… I am finally piecing together a quilt from old pairs of jeans that have been stacking up. Unfortunately for me, they are my (tiny) girls jeans and I will never have enough to complete it, so I am sure I will be heading to the DI soon. I picked out a complementing flannel fabric to alternate squares… I am looking forward to this and will certainly need advice and guidance.

While in line at the fabric store my good deed opportunity came up. The lady in front of me was annoyed by the long lines and admitted to me that she HATED waiting in lines. (Who doesn’t?) So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and we struck up a conversation. We talked about the new inexpensive gym in town, how sewing is no longer thrifty, how we are both always in a hurry.  Before we knew it, we spent the quickest 15 minutes of our day without  irritation or stress. Bonus, it helped me pass the time too.

blog signature

2 comments:

  1. goood job mom! you are such a good example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the quilt! and fabric stores are nortorious for long lines!

    ReplyDelete