Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blessings

I have so many of them. Everything I have is a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father. My home, my family, my friends, my job, all that I have.

I have received them when I have been set apart for callings or when I have been troubled or sick and I receive the blessings of the Atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ daily.

"The Atonement of Jesus Christ and the healing it offers do much more than provide the opportunity for repentance from sins. The Atonement also gives us the strength to endure 'pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind,' because our Savior also took upon Him 'the pains and the sicknesses of his people' (Alma 7:11). Brothers and sisters, if your faith and prayers and the power of the priesthood do not heal you from an affliction, the power of the Atonement will surely give you the strength to bear the burden."

Dallin H. Oaks

I have witnessed them. They have been given to my children and those I love at times of sickness or sorrow. My children receive them each year when they start school. Tonight is no exception. Kylee starts a new semester tomorrow.

I hope and I pray that I have been and will be an instrument in blessing the lives of others. I hope that as I continue to serve in the Primary, that I will be able to touch the lives of the wonderful children in our Ward. I hope that they can feel and always know of my love for them, and especially for the love I feel for our Savior.

Today I…

Sat in a class of 5 year olds to help a teacher without a team teacher. She has the most rambunctious group of kids and today there was 10 (it seems like 20)! She learned a lot last week and knew exactly who needed to be separated from whom. I sat in the class and snapped my fingers when necessary and acknowledged reverence whenever I could. I made several “potty” trips down the hall and raised my hand when I wanted to participate in the discussion. I was impressed with how much she was able to get done with this group of kids. It was a blessing for me to be able to spend some time with these great kids and see the love and patience that their teacher has for them.

I wouldn’t mind serving in the Primary for many more years. It is a great blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Your experience in that class sounds exactly like my life every minute of every day! Especially the snapping fingers part.

    ReplyDelete