Friday, January 15, 2010

Wakeup calls

I can’t remember how or when it all started, but for several years now, I have become a wake up call service to my daughters.

Every week night, I confirm their AM call time for the next morning. I then set my phone’s alarm clock for myself, Kylee and Taylor. At the appropriate time, I call each daughter and wake them up with a cheerful “Good Morning!” In the winter, I also give them a briefing on the weather so they will know how much extra drive-time they will need.

Evan once told me that they are old enough to wake themselves up. I told him “I know” but expressed to him how much I like these daily moments to talk to my girls.

These calls are more than just a wakeup call to me. My voice is the first thing they hear each morning, and even more important, I get to tell them how much I love them.

Today I…

APPRECIATED wake up calls. 

2 comments:

  1. i love your wake up calls! even though i'm grumpy & tired i love them and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you calls too! it always makes my day sometimes when i wake up a little early i wait a little bit so i can get my wake up call. love you mom

    ReplyDelete